The Epicenter of Original Thinking
From A Valley Of Chips
While silicon chip innovators and manufacturers were first to the scene in Santa Clara Valley, now known as Silicon Valley, they had to quickly make space for some of the world’s largest “crazy” thinkers like Apple, Google and Facebook, to name a few. Today, thirty-nine Fortune 1000 companies have planted their headquarters squarely in the epicenter of original thinking.
It’s not hard to grasp why pioneers, like eBay, Tesla, Salesforce, Cisco, Oracle, Adobe, HP, Intel, Yahoo!, and, and, and… are driving the world’s technology evolution at break-neck speed. When you visit this foothold of innovators you’ll quickly get the drift that creativity begets creativity.
To best understand the vibe and ethos of the Silicon Valley before you visit, grab a seat and watch the HBO comedy series Silicon Valley.
Quirky Silicon Valley Trivia: The movies A View to a Kill (1985), The Social Network (2010), Jobs (2013) and The Internship (2013) were filmed here.
Want to experience the magnetic energy of technology pioneers but don’t want to make the trek to the Silicon Valley? Netflix HQ is located in Los Gatos about 4 miles from The Lexington Ridge Inn.
Visit The Best Of The Best
Tackle the Valley on your own or sit back with a glass of wine while we design your personal tour of this country’s most fascinating community.
- Best Innovative Technology Company: Apple Campus in Cupertino
- Most Admired Innovator: Steve Jobs house in Palo Alto
- Most Interesting Architecture: HP Garage in Palo Alto
- Best Representation of Technology History: Tech Museum of Innovation in San Jose
- Coolest look at the Evolution of the Computer: Computer History Museum
- Best Something, Something: The Intel Museum
Other Museums and Interesting Spots
- Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose
- Filoli Estate
- Moffett Field Historical Society Museum
- Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum in Los Gatos
- San Jose Museum of Art
- The Winchester Mystery House